TOP

Big Fine for Reebok in Lead Poisoning Death


Reebok agreed to pay a $1 million settlement over a 2006 lead poisoning death. In March of 2006, a four year-old boy died of lead poisoning after swallowing a heart-shaped charm that had lead levels between between 78% to 93%. Over 300,000 of the charms, which were subsequently recalled, had been distributed as giveaways with children’s sneakers. The incident was both tragic and preventable, and it underscores the need to take the appropriate steps to insure product safety before they’re used in promotions, particularly those aimed at kids. reebok-lead bracelet.jpeg

Leave a Reply

Your email is never published nor shared.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>